Monday, September 12, 2011

Come on Irene!



So for anyone who is not aware, I got married in a fucking hurricane.  And it was the best day of my life, wouldn’t have had it any other way.  It wouldn’t have been our wedding if something crazy didn’t happen, so we will take a hurricane! 

The day of the rehearsal was one of the most gorgeous days on the Cape, sunny, warm, light breeze…our rehearsal went great, rehearsed in both the outdoor and indoor location, just in case, and then finished off by having a delicious dinner catered at the In-Laws rental on the Cape!  Friends, family, lobsters, chowda, snake cake and brews!  It was great!

However…

When we left, and headed back to my family’s Cape house for a little “after party” I saw an email saying our FUCKING FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED on Monday heading to our honeymoon due to Irene…HELL NO.  Alright, I’ll fix it, I figured.  So I played that game with Jet Blue, stayed on hold for ~30 minutes, fought with the inconsiderate service woman (you’d think they’d be a bit more courteous…) and managed to get us a flight out at 11:15 Monday night (since their offer of no earlier than Thursday was NOT OK), however it flew into fucking Santo Domingo, at 3:30AM.  And we’d have to rent a car and drive to Punta Cana…whatever.  Better than Thursday…and it’s only 3 highways, it will be easy…yeah you’ll learn how “easy” it was in the honeymoon post!!!

After that was all settled, I was sure to leave my soon-to-be husband before midnight (or else I’d turn into a pumpkin, obviously), and headed back to the main house to get my beauty sleep before the big day! 

As far as the stress factor, for the wedding, it was a level zero.  I just wasn’t worried about it.  Even waking up, I never had that, “HOLY SHIT I’M GETTING MARRIED!” sensation.  I did however check the weather every 20 minutes!!!  Liz and I just hung out with my family, and the kids, and got ready to head to the Wequassett, it was a really low key and laid back wedding morning!  We met the other girls there, and started getting our hair done, and my make-up, and then I did a few other’s make up (because I’m an amazing bride), drank some champagne, and had pictures taken by the BEST photographer EVER!  Nanci Harran, with Click Chick Photography, could not have asked for a better photographer to capture the day!

All in a sudden, it was like 5PM, and I seriously needed to put my gown on…time flew, and we were having a blast.  At this point, we had decided the ceremony would be outside, and it was beautiful.  The rain held out for the ceremony, and then for pictures, and right at the end it started raining.  I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect outcome.  I asked my Mom the night before to please make sure the rain holds out for just those times, and she listened.  I think there were a few of us that asked her for that favor, and she listened!  I know it sounds weird, but that’s just something I do…I did it for Liz’s wedding too, asked her to make sure it didn’t rain so it would be outside, and she pulled through.  She’s looking out for us no matter what.

The ceremony itself was short and sweet, I’ll post the ceremony for anyone interested, and I wrote it myself!  We had some great pictures, and then headed to the reception, where there were 2 amazing toasts from Liz and Paul, and then EVERYONE danced.  All night.  No one stopped dancing!  I seriously think if we were on that show “Four Weddings” we would have won.  It was absolutely amazing.  Everything was beautiful, the venue, the people, everything!

To everyone who made it through the hurricane to come spend our day with us, you have no idea how much it meant to us!  We love each and every one of you very much!!!

I know this post has been pretty much ALL over the place, so, apologies!

Honeymoon details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment